Please refer to the tips below for the most efficient way to download purchased historical data.
- Download a single month worth of data at a time - not the whole date range in a single download.
- Use the Historical Data API - if you are downloading a large number of purchased data sets & need to automate the process - see API docs via https://historicdata.betfair.com/#/apidocs
- Make use of historical data sample code - Sample code for Python and a simple Excel/VBA workbook sample application is available and published here
- Use the custom Data Download option - to download the specific data you need and reduce the download size. You can find this under Download data on the My Data page.
- Download the File Type (M) Market data OR (E) Event data files ONLY- using the custom download data filter.
The Event (E) file is a single file containing all Market changes across the whole event interleaved in published time order.
The Market (M) files are individual files for each market contained with a single event.
Please note: Including both types of files in the download will DOUBLE the size of the download & provides no additional data!
If you are still experiencing issues after trying the above please provide further details of the data set/s that you are attempting to download as this will help us to assist you further.